PORTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY
The 72 papers in these proceedings, presented in seven sessions, cover a variety of topics dealing with ports and harbors. The papers discuss such subjects as planning small boat harbors; inspecting waterfront structures; designing container terminal pavements; dredging, modeling, and designing container terminals; developing petroleum facilities; studying waves and breakwaters; refitting military waterfront facilities; selecting construction materials; investigating geotechnical design problems; and constructing structures in lakes and rivers. For selected individual papers, see AN 10526-A1 through AN 10526-A18.
- Ports '89
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Date: 1989-5-22 to 1989-5-25
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 749p.
- TRT Terms: Breakwaters; Container terminals; Development; Harbors; Port operations; Ports; Waterfronts
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00659431
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM