CONTINUOUS SUCCESS FOR UNLOADERS
There was a vigorous ongoing debate within coal handling circles during the 1980s regarding the merits of continuous unloading systems--as opposed to grab-oriented cranes. The reasons are given for past difficulties in persuading the industry of the advantages of continuous unloaders. It is then noted that these difficulties are largely being overcome. Some of the systems available from market leaders in the field are then described.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-11
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: No.6
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Loading and unloading
- Old TRIS Terms: Continuous systems; Product surveys; Unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM