EMERGENCY POSITION INDICATING RADIO BEACONS
This product focus looks at the operating qualifications of free- float transmitting beacons designed to comply with Cospas-Sarsat and Inmarsat satellite segments. Position locating beacons are instrumental subsystems in the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, and all vessels larger than 300 grt will be required to carry EPIRBS from 1993 on. A matrix showing the significant technical and operational features of the devices produced by ten manufacturers is intended to enable comparisons and aid in selection.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02652455
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-1
- Pagination: 1 p.
- Lloyd's Ship Manager & Shipping News International
- Volume: 10
- Issue Number: No.10
- ISSN: 0265-2455
- Accession Number: 00659289
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM