BUILDING SAFETY INTO DECK CRANES
This overview of crane safety engineering first considers the features that are incorporated in the best deck cranes to guard against human error, component failure, etc., and then outlines the application of fail-safe engineering. Features recommended for cranes handling dangerous cargoes are also listed. Finally, mention is made of the role of electronic spotting aids in improving crane safety.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01420666
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-11
- Pagination: 1 1/2 p.
- Safety at Sea International
- Issue Number: No.248
- Publisher: DMG World Media, Limited
- ISSN: 0142-0666
- Accession Number: 00659166
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM