ATHENA HEADS A NEW VIKING INVASION
The ATHENA, the first of two new 2,800 dwt Viking Line ferries built to cruise ship standards, is described. The vessel was built for the expanding cruising market between Sweden and Finland. Its overall length is 176.60m, its speed (at 71% MCR) is 21 knots, and it carries a crew complement of 215 in an equal number of crew cabins. Maximum passenger capacity is 2,200 with 573 cabins. Numerous photographs and plan drawings accompany the text.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03060209
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Naval Architect
- ISSN: 0306-0209
- TRT Terms: Cruise ships; Ferries
- Old TRIS Terms: Athena (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00659129
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM