PBCF: A LOW-COST TECHNIQUE TO DIFFUSE HUB VORTEX
A short description is given of a propeller enhancement technique developed by Japan's Mitsui OSK Lines. The method for improving propulsive efficiency employs small fins cast into fixed-pitch propeller bosses. In essence it is a low-cost way to diffuse and weaken the hub vortex. The energy-saving possibilities have been successfully demonstrated. A controllable-pitch version is nearly ready.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03060209
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Pagination: 3/4 p.
- Naval Architect
- ISSN: 0306-0209
- TRT Terms: Diffusion (Optics); Engine efficiency; Fins (Aircraft); Propellers; Propulsion; Vortices
- Old TRIS Terms: Fins; Propeller hubs; Propulsion devices; Propulsive efficiency
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00659127
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM