INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HARMONIZATION OF SURVEY SYSTEMS AND CERTIFICATION (HSSC)
This article summarizes what transpired at the International Conference on Harmonization of Survey Systems and Certification, held at the International Maritime Organization (IMO) headquarters in London from 31 October to 11 November 1988. The main outcome was the adoption of two 1988 protocols intended to harmonize the survey system and certification established in the 1974 International Convention on Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS 74) with the provisions of the 1966 International Load-line Convention (ILLC). If the necessary conditions are met, both protocols could come into force on 1 February 1992.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Bulletin Technique du Bureau Veritas
- Issue Number: No.2
- Publisher: Bureau Veritas
- TRT Terms: Certification; Meetings
- Old TRIS Terms: International conventions; Load lines; Ship surveys
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659063
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM