Five articles comprise this feature on lubricating oils. "Future Engine Oil Requirements" considers what is required of lubricating oils to meet the planned further improvements in diesel engine reliability, specific output and efficiency, and ability to operate On residual fuels with decreasing combustion quality. "A Program for Lube Oil Care" describes the service offered by Exxon to provide reliable monitoring of the lube oil condition, and an effective system for maintaining the quality of the oil at the required level. "LR's LQS Oil Analysis Service" discusses a new service called LQS (Lubricant Quality Scan) inaugurated by Lloyd's Register for routine oil analysis and machinery health monitoring. "Using On Board Test Kits" is about the introduction of kits that enable certain lube oil parameters that can change rapidly to be frequently checked and controlled on board. "Removing Acid from Insulating Oils" describes Vokes insulating oil deacidification treatment modules containing Streamline canisters. "A 'Zero Altitude' Turbine Oil," the last article, discusses lubricating oil requirements for the aero- derivative gas turbines that provide propulsion for many naval vessels worldwide and in many offshore industry applications.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-9
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Gas turbines; Lubricating oils; Machinery; Monitoring; Ships; Tests; Trend (Statistics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shipboard; Used engine oil
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00659023
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM