WHOLE SHIP MODELLING SAVES FUEL
Whole Ship Model (WSM) a software package that will simulate the dynamic response of a ship in a sea passage, is described. It consists of many interacting components, each responsible for simulating the behavior of a part of the ship system--for example, the hull. WSM can be used by shipping companies to determine whether new equipment will pay for itself and by shipmasters to help select economical cruising speeds.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Baker, M
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Dynamic loads; Operating costs; Ships; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Ship models
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00659016
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM