SOUTH KOREAN ERA ENDS
This is a discussion of how rises in material and labor costs, compounded by the appreciation of the won against the U.S. dollar, have eroded the competitiveness of South Korean shipbuilders. The country has 252 shipbuilding companies of which 240 are small concerns; six are medium sized; two specialize in conversion and repair work; and four can be classed as major shipbuilders.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Economic conditions; Shipbuilding
- Geographic Terms: South Korea
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659014
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM