CONSTRUCTION OF SHIP SUPERSTRUCTURES USING MODULAR ACCOMMODATIONS UNITS
This article concerns the modular method of superstructure construction in which prefabricated modular cabins gathered into a special frame through hull openings are horizontally or vertically loaded into their assigned places. Although modular construction is acknowledged to be advantageous, overall, it does have certain shortcomings; it is these problematic aspects that are looked at. Recommendations are offered on how best to size, design, install and connect unit modules in ways that avoid or overcome these problems.
- Journal article; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
- Rybakov, G I
- Padchin, B N
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Modular structures; Superstructures; Translations
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Accommodation spaces
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658569
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM