The DELFIN CLIPPER, built for Delfin Cruises by Rauma-Repola, is described. The ship is intended to cater to a demand for short cruises that is now met by large ferries. The idea underlying the design is to provide serious 'minicruise' clientele with the same comfort that is found on large cruise vessels but that cannot be provided by ferries. The DELFIN CLIPPER has an overall length of 108.00m, a cruising speed of 15 knots, and a 15-day endurance. Its area of operation in summer and autumn will be the Baltic. In winter and spring, it is proposed to cruise warmer waters. The description of the vessel is accompanied by numerous photographs and by a maneuvering characteristics diagram.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Cruise ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Delfin clipper (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00658503
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM