KNOW YOUR ARPA
This article, reprinting a presentation at the third meeting of the Nautical Institute's Ship Operational Standards Working Group, sets out to establish a rudimentary knowledge base for operating an ARPA system with certainty and confidence. No prior knowledge of any particular ARPA system is assumed. The bulk of the paper consists of an abbreviated review of the principal features and characteristics of ARPA systems listed in direct juxtaposition to possible limitations and errors that can arise in operational use. Lastly, a set of operating instructions suitable for application when approaching unfamiliar ARPA equipment is presented.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01441019
- Journal article
- O'Sullivan, J
- Publication Date: 1989-8
- Pagination: 4 p.
- ISSN: 0144-1019
- TRT Terms: Operations; Recommendations
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic radar plotting
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00658428
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM