BERTH TIME REDUCTION: THE KEY TO SHIPBUILDING SUCCESS
Berths are the bottlenecks in shipyards. If systems can be engineered to eliminate their use and provide as much flexibility as possible, more efficient production and greater output should result. This requires adoption of a block assembly system, which in turn calls for suitable transport systems. Several such transport systems manufactured by Total Transportation Systems (International) A/S (TTS), a Norwegian company, are discussed. They are the UHL (ultra-heavy lift) system, the DWB (dual walking beams) system, and the Kenmark hydraulic skidding system for transferring subassemblies.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03060209
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-6
- Pagination: 2/3 p.
- Naval Architect
- ISSN: 0306-0209
- TRT Terms: Productivity; Reduction (Chemistry); Shipbuilding; Time
- Old TRIS Terms: Berths; Product descriptions; Reduction; Shipyard transport systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM