A NEW LOOK FOR THE GRAND 'MISSISSIPPI QUEEN'
A brief description is given of how the paddlewheeler MISSISSIPPI QUEEN has been given a $2.5 million exterior and interior redesign. The vessel was commissioned for Mississippi River cruises in 1976. With this renovation, it now sports distinctive twin fluted stacks, filigree gingerbread trim, wrought iron handrails, a hand-carved gilded eagle below the pilothouse window, and a bright red stern. A photograph of the vessel is shown, along with drawings of the new lounge area and redesigned staterooms.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 1 p.
- News Briefs [American Maritime Officers Service]
- Volume: 9
- Issue Number: No.2
- Identifier Terms: Mississippi Queen (Ship)
- Old TRIS Terms: Paddle wheel propulsion; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658244
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM