THE NEW YORK SAFETY CAR: ITS EVOLUTION AND ITS PROGRESS
New York State has proceeded from the originial concept of a safety car, in 1960, to the creation of the Safety Sedan - a practical, life-saving vehicle that can prevent accidents and injurines, and can be mass-produced for public use. The program includes all classes of vehicle safety: accident prevention - crash injury prevention - pedestrian injury prevention - rescue and post-crash safety - non-operating systems. The safety level is defined by an overall safety rating and by simplified ratings of individual types of safety performance. The next steps for completion of the program are developed. /Author/
- From "Conference on Road Safety" - Biomechanics of Accidents, Part II, pp A14-1-A14-35.
- Scott, B Y
- Publication Date: 1968
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Development; Performance; Prevention; Research; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00098937
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1983 12:00AM