AUTOMATED METHOD OF COMPUTING CONTACT FORCES DURING MOORING
Elastic fenders and fender guards are used with various types of attachments. A system for the automated design of these elastic bumpers and side guards should include a set of prospective structures derived from estimation of the deformation capacity of the attachments to be used and of their reliability. An approach for determining theoretical contact forces during mooring is suggested and can easily be algorithmized to serve as the basis for the probabilistic analyses of fender guards.
- Journal article; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
- Korobanov, Y N
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Deformation; Docking; Fenders (Wharves); Impact; Reliability; Translations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Probabilistic methods
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Berthing impact forces; Fender systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658092
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM