SERVICE EXPERIENCE FROM LONG-TERM OPERATION OF THE HOLLOW FIBRE MEMBRANE NITROGEN GENERATION PLANT ABOARD THE "MARINE CHEMIST"
Chemical tankers use nitrogen to blanket and transfer chemical and petrochemical cargo and for safety and the maintenance of product quality. The technology behind the GENERON, a shipboard nitrogen generator manufactured by the Dow Chemical Company, is described. System performance during a successful trial employment of the system aboard a chemical tanker, the MARINE CHEMIST, is discussed. The trial resulted in a payback of installation cost in less than one year and an annual savings of $100,000 over the cost of using liquid nitrogen.
- Conference paper
- Seliskar, J T
- MARICHEM '87
- Location: Hamburg, W. Germany
- Date: 1987-10-20 to 1987-10-22
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6p.
- TRT Terms: Generators; Nitrogen; Noble gases
- Old TRIS Terms: Generon system; Inert gas generators; Marine chemist (Vessel); Product descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657813
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM