HIGH-PERFORMANCE CERAMICS--A COMPETITIVE ALTERNATIVE
An ever-growing number of applications are being found for high- temperature and high-strength ceramics, which have become a fully competitive alternative to established engineering materials. Typical products include ball bearings, valves, pumps, precision nozzles, gas-turbine and turbocharger rotors, cutting tools and heat exchangers. The exceptional resistance of these high-performance ceramics to erosion, corrosion and temperature is discussed and new methods of manufacture are described.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00012459
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-2
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Asea Journal
- ISSN: 0001-2459
- TRT Terms: Ceramic materials; Industries; Materials; Properties of materials
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00657801
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM