THE NAUTICAL INSTITUTE ON THE WORK OF THE NAUTICAL SURVEYOR
Excerpts are presented from a book entitled The Work of the Nautical Surveyor. The introduction is reproduced, followed by a list of the fields within which the nautical surveyor makes a professional contribution. These fields are organized into four classes: statutory, official and semiofficial, contractual and planning. The legal status of surveyors is then discussed, after which definitions of various types of survey are presented. The excerpts conclude with explanations of two types of survey companies, marine surveyors and underwriter surveyors, and of two legal entities, 'nautical assessor' and 'expert.'
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01441019
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Pagination: 4 p.
- ISSN: 0144-1019
- TRT Terms: Definitions; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Activities; Surveyors
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657800
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM