CALCULATION OF THE GEOMETRY OF SHIP COLLISION ZONES
An account is given of the calculation of the geometry of collision zones surrounding vessels engaged in overtaking and meeting encounters. The zones are calculated for a range of mariners' decision times corresponding to clear and restricted visibility. The determination of encounter risk from the size of the zones is discussed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1783951
- Journal article
- Lamb, W G
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Uncontrolled Terms: Collision risk; Reduced visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Meeting encounters; Overtaking encounters; Ship domains; Ship encounters
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657622
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM