USE OF POLYMERS--CURRENT PRACTICE AND THE STATE OF THE ART
Polymers have been used in marine piping systems for a number of years. Because they are susceptible to heat and mechanical damage, however, the use of polymeric materials has been restricted to non- essential services. Improvements in the composition and manufacturing of such materials have prompted manufacturers and the shipping industry to submit proposals for their use in additional services, including essential systems. This paper indicates the systems for which polymers are currently generally accepted and where they could be further considered.
- Conference paper
- Crawford, J
- International Conference on Polymers in a Marine Environment, 2nd
- Location: London, England
- Date: 1987-10-14 to 1987-10-16
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5p.
- TRT Terms: Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Operating rules; Piping systems; Polymers; State of the art
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00657488
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM