THE CASE FOR THE MEDIUM-SPEED ENGINE--THE REALLY RELIABLE ENGINE VASA 46
The Vasa 46 engine was designed by Wartsila to be an extremely reliable marine diesel engine. The author describes the engine, beginning with its design parameters. He then goes on to discuss the crankshaft, main and connecting rod bearings; the connecting rod; the cylinder block, liner and head; combustion; the twin injection system; turbocharging; the inverse cooling system; fuel and lube oil system, including filtration; safety/control system; and maintenance. Sixteen diagrams and photos follow the text.
- Conference paper
- Blomberg, T
- MARINTEC China '87 Conference
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Date: 1987-12-7 to 1987-12-11
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 9p.
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine descriptions; Four stroke engines; Medium speed diesels; Vasa 46 engine
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM