This feature on bunker quality contains three articles. The first, "A Fuel Supplier's Advice to Customers," offers recommendations regarding procedures when taking on bunkers and regarding key areas of quantity, quality and compatibility. "Importance of Sampling and Analysis," the second article, explains the value of independent bunker analysis services such as those provided by Veritas Petroleum Services, and describes sampling procedures and the resolution of disputes over fuel quality. The last article, "Proving the Case with Problem Fuels," describes the `Routine Bunker Evaluation` program offered by FOBAS to determine the nature of fuels as loaded at each bunkering.
- Journal article
- Fisher, C
- Wright, A A
- Publication Date: 1989-1
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Bunkering; Level of service; Recommendations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel oil quality; Fuel testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00657384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM