NOZZLES FOR SPEED AND PULL
It is usually thought that adding a propeller nozzle to a vessel will increase its bollard pull or ability to tow nets, but that its top speed will be reduced by the nozzle's resistance. Nautican Enterprises Ltd, a Canadian firm, claims that this is not necessarily so and that use of their propeller nozzles, which have an unusual cross section and are described, can improve both thrust and speed.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-3
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Ship and Boat International
- Issue Number: No.89/2
- Publisher: Reed (Thomas) Industrial Press Limited
- Old TRIS Terms: Nautican nozzle; Product descriptions; Propeller nozzles
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657377
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM