AUTOMATED TACTICAL PLOTTING IN THE ROYAL FLEET AUXILIARY
Tracplot, manufactured by Qubit, is essentially an integrated navigation system that also provides for automatic data logging and real-time plotting of a ship and other contact positions. It consists of a navigational processor that accepts and integrates signals from a number of radio navigation systems and ship's sensors. Based on these signals, the processor mathematically computes an optimum position and generates a dead reckoning solution. Position figures and sensor data are then configured into outputs that satisfy the particular requirements of a given user. The system is described in the context of its testing aboard two Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels operating in the English Channel.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1788841
- Journal article
- Hammer III, J L
- Publication Date: 1989-4
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Integrated systems; Navigation systems; Radar displays
- Old TRIS Terms: Integrated navigation systems; Radar plotting; System descriptions; Tracplot
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657350
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM