A STUDY OF THE RELIABILITY OF REAL TIME CONTROL BY MEANS OF MULTI- MICROCOMPUTER SYSTEM
The main purpose of this article is to present some theoretical and practical studies on how to improve the reliability of real time control employing a multi-microcomputer system. The first part deals with the calculation and analysis of the reliability and availability of the multi-microcomputer system. The second part discusses measures to improve system reliability. Among these measures are the redundancy of subsystems and the incorporation of fault-tolerent technology.
- Journal article
- Gong, C
- Publication Date: 1988
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Fault tolerant computing; Markov processes; Microcomputers; Redundancy; Reliability
- Old TRIS Terms: System modeling
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657325
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM