AERODYNAMIC DESIGN OF A POWER TURBINE FOR AN AERO-DERIVED MARINE GAS TURBINE
This article describes the design approach and aerodynamic characteristics of a marine gas turbine derived from an aircraft power turbine. Various aspects of the marinization are described, including the design approach and aerodynamic characteristics of the power turbine, parameter selection, design methodology, the comparison of flow calculation results obtained using the simple and full radial equilibrium methods, and a versatile design of the power turbine capable of rendering two power ratings. The use of variable geometry stator blades to accommodate a small amount of adjustment of the gas generator outlet parameters is described.
- Journal article
- Ji, G
- Publication Date: 1988
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Engines; Gas turbines
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Marinization
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657317
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM