BUCKLING, PREBUCKLING AND VIBRATION OF STIFFENED AND UNSTIFFENED SHELLS
This report complements the Interim Report (TAE 228), which summarized the major portion of the investigation. It discusses the stability and vibrations of stiffened and unstiffened shells under axial compression, as well as thermal buckling. The studies include theoretical and experimental work, with emphasis on elastic constraints, on correlation between vibrations and buckling and on the influence of initial imperfections on vibrations and stability. A new incremental theory for the nonlinear plastic behavior of structures is formulated.
- See also report dated August 74, AD-A003 720.
Israel Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Aeronautical Engineering
- SINGER, J
- Baruch, M
- Publication Date: 1975-2-10
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Publisher: Israel Institute of Technology
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Engine cylinders; Shells (Structural forms)
- Old TRIS Terms: Shell theory; Stiffened cylinders; Vibrating cylinders
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00098614
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AFOSR-TR-75-0400 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: AF-AFOSR-2394-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM