WALLEM'S GULF SPIRIT: FIRST FOR LLOYD'S "BLACK BOX"
Lloyd's Register has secured the first fitting for its Voyage Data Recorder (VDR), called the "black box," aboard the containership GULF SPIRIT, operating on a regular run between Europe and the U.S. east coast. Prime functions of the recorder are to provide information in the event of an accident. It will detail ship's position; machinery, equipment and control status; hull condition and responses; and environmental conditions. The cost of the installation is put at $100,000.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03070220
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-3-23
- Pagination: 1/2 p.
- Volume: 309
- Issue Number: No.5501
- Publisher: Lloyd's Register-Fairplay
- ISSN: 0307-0220
- TRT Terms: Event data recorders
- Old TRIS Terms: Gulf spirit (Vessel); Product descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM