ELECTRIC HEATERS FOR PETROLEUM PRODUCTS
The efficient use of energy resources requires that shipboard combustion plants be run on heavy fuel grades and these require preheating. Existing heaters no longer meet requirements for reliability, weight, size or automation. It is described how prototypes were developed for the small, automated electric heat exchange units having extended life of from 25,000 to 35,000 hours and the stable electric insulation resistance that are now needed.
- Journal article; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
- Obolenskiy, N V
- Smirnov, A P
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrical equipment; Heating (Structures); Prototypes; Translations
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavy fuel oils
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM