BRABOURNE: PETROLEUM PRODUCTS TANKER
The BRABOURNE, a new 2,675 dwt clean products tanker for coastal service, is described. The vessel is the first of two ordered by Bowker and King, London, from Cochrane Shipbuilders in the UK. Length oa is 78.00m. A service speed of 10.3 knots can be maintained on about 3.6 tons of gas oil per 24 hours. The BRABOURNE is constructed to carry three fully segregated grades of cargo or up to five parcels of reasonably compatible products. Principal particulars are given, as are a profile drawing and deck plans. Six photographs, two of which illustrate the vessel's freefall lifeboat system, are also provided.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-1
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Ship and Boat International
- Issue Number: No.89/1
- Publisher: Reed (Thomas) Industrial Press Limited
- TRT Terms: Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Brabourne (Vessel); Coastal vessels; Products tankers; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657142
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM