CONTAINER SHIPS--EVOLUTION AND DESIGN TRENDS
According to the author, who is senior principal surveyor to Lloyd's Register of Shipping, the container revolution that began in the early 1960s is not yet over; the development phase involving containerships, feeder vessels and lift-on/lift-off barges is far from being completed. Three main concepts that are influencing changes in containership design trends are identified, the deciding factor being design speed. The questions of optimal ship size is also discussed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Journal article
- Rapo, B
- Publication Date: 1989-1
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Ships; Ships by size; Trend (Statistics); Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM