DESIGNING DIESEL ENGINES FOR HEAVY WEATHER
The operational efficiency of diesel engines in heavy weather can only be improved if a greater understanding is developed of the effects of slow-speed steaming. This article investigates the propeller load and the engine load under heavy weather conditions. Using these values, the design conditions for propeller and main engine can be made clearer.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-2
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Diesel engines; Energy consumption
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavy weather; Power requirements
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657085
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM