The articles in this feature on marine transmissions cover: the development of compact economy gears; hydraulic couplings for main drives; a two-speed drive developed by the Valmet Corporation for fish factory ships; a new range of compact lightweight transmissions developed by Twin Disc, Belgium; noise reduction with a so-called "silent system" developed by Geislinger & Co. of Salzburg, Austria, and utilizing combined couplings; a completely silent drive for a sail-assisted cruise ship; and an improved range of worm gear drives from Renold Gears, England.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-11
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Gears; Transmissions; Vehicle drive systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM