MHI DEVELOPS WORLD'S FIRST FULLY INTEGRATED NAVIGATION CONTROL SYSTEM
The features of Super Tonac, a system developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) and called the world's first comprehensive navigation system, are outlined. Super Tonac integrates various monitoring and control equipment distributed onboard and makes full use of weather forecasting data received from shore via communication satellite. It aims at safety, punctuality, economy and onboard labor savings.
- Journal article. December 88/January 89
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 1/2 p.
- Issue Number: No.213
- TRT Terms: Integrated systems; Navigation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Integrated navigation systems; Super tonac; System descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00656880
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM