`FUKAE-MARU III`: THE INTELLIGENT TRAINING SHIP
The FUKAE MARU III, the third training ship owned by Japan's Kobe University of the Merchant Marine, is described. The ship serves a number of training functions. She is both a navigation training ship and a research ship that functions as a mobile laboratory and facility for experimentation and research on ships and the sea. The bridge space includes an example of every type of modern navigational aid and also contains facilities for machinery control. The length oa of the vessel is 49.95m and her speed is 14.28 knots. She operates with a complement of 64.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-11
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Research ships
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Fukae maru iii (Vessel); Training vessels; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00656796
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM