MARITIME TRAINING INCREASINGLY IMPORTANT
A variety of short articles comprise this feature on maritime education and training in the UK. They discuss the following: recruitment for UK Merchant Navy officer training; a Marine Society project to provide the training ship ENTERPRISE with a new machinery layout; pre-sea training at the Indefatigable School for boys aged 13 to 16 years; Marine education at South Tyneside College; the new program of studies in port management being offered at Humberside College; the educational programs at Sunderland Polytechnic in the areas of naval architecture and shipbuilding technology; the amalgamation of the departments of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne into a new Department of Marine Technology; a new M. Sc. and Postgraduate Diploma in the Storage, Handling and Transportation of Dangerous Substances being offered at the College of Maritime Studies, Warsash; and design developments in the shiphandling training simulators made by Norcontrol Simulation of Norway.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-11
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Education and training; Port operations
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Courses (Instruction); Ship simulator training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00656795
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM