This brief introduction to the use of electronic data interchange (EDI) provides answers to the following basic questions: What is EDI? Why should a firm use EDI? How do you apply EDI to business transactions? How are computers able to exchange business documents? What kinds of business information can be transmitted computer-to- computer? What other business benefits are there in EDI? What is an EDI service provider? How does a network service improve sender/receiver communications? What computer hardware works best with EDI?
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 3 p.
- SEAWAY REVIEW
- Volume: 17
- Issue Number: No.3
- Publisher: Canadian Coast Guard
- TRT Terms: Computer networks; Electronic data interchange
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00656791
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM