SHIPMASTER'S GUIDE TO PILOT TRANSFER BY HELICOPTER, 2ND DRAFT--MARCH 1988
The draft Guide reproduced in this article was prepared by the International Maritime Pilots' Association for the use of shipmasters sailing to a port where the pilot will embark either by pilot boat or helicopter. It is intended to help the shipmaster decide whether his ship is adequate for a winching or landing operation and what actions have to be taken before and during the transfer. Its last section deals with procedures to be followed in the event of an emergency.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-11
- Pagination: 10 p.
- The Pilot (UK)
- Volume: 54
- Issue Number: No.7
- TRT Terms: Helicopters; Procedures; Recommendations; Ship pilots
- Old TRIS Terms: Personnel transport
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00656737
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM