NORTH WEST SHELF LNG NEWBUILDINGS PROGRESS
NORTH WEST SANDERLING, the first of a projected seven-ship fleet of 125,000 cu m LNG carriers for the Australian North West Shelf export project, is described. The fleet of purpose-built carriers will shuttle cargo on 18-day round voyages from a newly-constructed loading jetty at Withnell Bay to Japan, where certain power utilities are committed to taking the LNG supply on a 19-year contract. Ship dimensions are 272m overall length, 259m length bp, 47.2m width and 10.95m design draft. The containment system selected was the Moss Rosenberg type B independent spherical tank.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-11
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Carriers; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas
- Old TRIS Terms: North west sanderling (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00656610
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM