SULZER STAYS BIG AND MOVES SMALL
The new S20 series of medium speed diesels introduced by Sulzer Brothers is described. The designers' goal was a low SFOC of 189g/kWh at fuel load, with the ability to burn very heavy fuel oil. They achieved this by using a high stroke-to-bore ratio of 1.5, a cylinder bore of 200 mm, and a piston stroke of 300 mm. The speed range is 720 to 1,000 rev/min. Cylinder outputs are available in the 95 to 145 kW (129 to 197 bph) range from the engines, which are built in 6, 8 and 9-cylinder in-line configurations.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article; S20 engine
- Publication Date: 1988-12
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine descriptions; Medium speed diesels; Sulzer s20 engine
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00656580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM