FAST- OR REAL-TIME SIMULATION?
As of 1988, real-time simulation had been the object of MARIN (Maritime Research Institute Netherlands) for more than 20 years. A real-time shiphandling simulator was developed and MARIN's first ship maneuvering simulator became operational in 1971. In 1987, a fast-time simulation program (FORCESIM) began to be used, and there is already a much more sophisticated fast-time simulation program available called NAVSIM (NAvigator SImulation Model). The advantages of fast- and real-time simulation are reviewed and it is concluded that the complementary use of both provides the best results at the best price.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-9
- Pagination: 2 p.
- MARIN Report
- Issue Number: No.33
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Real time control; Real time data processing; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Fast time; Forcesim (Computer program); Navsim (Navigator simulator model)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00656555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM