AMBROSE LIGHTSTATION AUTOMATION

From 1823 to 1967, a lightship marked the entrance to the Ambrose Channel in the approaches to New York Harbor. In 1967, the U.S. Coast Guard commissioned a tower to replace the lightship. This article describes the program for automating the tower, known as USCG Light Station Ambrose, which finally resulted in a switchover to remote control on 15 March 1988.

  • Availability:
  • Supplemental Notes:
    • Journal article
  • Authors:
    • Toupay Jr, E H
  • Publication Date: 1988

Media Info

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 00656385
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
  • Files: TRIS
  • Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM