BIG IS EFFICIENT WITH APL'S POST-PANAMAX CONTAINER SHIPS
Along with its sisterships, the PRESIDENT KENNEDY, the second of five American President Lines C10-class post-Panamax containerships, is described and its principal particulars given. The five huge vessels, each 39.40m in beam, are designed to load up to 4,340 TEU in up to 12 rows below deck and 16 rows above the hatches. Their length oa is 275.13m and their service speed is 24 knots. They have double hulls throughout. For stowage of containers above the weather deck, they use a special bridge lashing system that is independent of the hatch covers. A foldout drawing showing the profile and general arrangements of the PRESIDENT KENNEDY is included.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-10
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships
- Identifier Terms: Panamax (Ship dimensions); President Kennedy (Ship)
- Old TRIS Terms: C10 class; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00656206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM