ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND THE 1,200-SHIP NAVY
This is a discussion of how developments in artificial intelligence, robotics and other technologies could reduce manning--and with it, "hotel-type"--requirements aboard naval vessels and dramatically alter vessel architecture.
- Journal article
- Keen, T J
- Publication Date: 1988-10
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Volume: 114
- Issue Number: No.10/1028
- TRT Terms: Artificial intelligence; Military vessels; Robots
- Old TRIS Terms: Reduced crews
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00656119
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM