DRILLING RIG HIT BY CARGO VESSEL
This is a brief description of an accident in which the jack up drilling rig GLOMAR LABRADOR I was struck between the waterline and the hull by the port bow of the 6,016 gt cargo vessel IRVING FOREST on 23 June 1988. The vessel hit the rig while traveling at speed in good visibility.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-8
- Pagination: 1 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- Identifier Terms: Irving Forest (Ship)
- Old TRIS Terms: Accident descriptions; Glomar labrador i (Platform); Platform rammings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00655911
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM