FLAG CHANGES HAVE MAJOR IMPLICATIONS FOR STRUCTURE OF MARITIME EMPLOYMENT
In his address, the Assistant General Secretary of the International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) sets forth the rationale for the union's opposition to flags of convenience and expresses the ITF's views regarding the effects of non-national ship registration on the structure and stability of seafarers' employment.
- Conference paper
- Selander, A
- Which Register? Which Flag?
- Location: London, England
- Date: 1987-9-2 to 1987-9-3
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 8p.
- TRT Terms: Employment; Flags of convenience; Labor unions; Merchant seamen; Registry
- Old TRIS Terms: Itf (International transport workers federation)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00655883
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM