OFFSHORE REGISTERS: BEST OF BOTH WORLDS?
In her address, the Norwegian Secretary of State discusses the philosophy underlying a new ship register, the Norwegian International Ships Register (NIS), which went into effect in mid- 1987. The NIS incorporates some of the best elements of open registers into a register based on Norway's long-standing maritime tradition and experience. The major impetus for establishing the NIS was to make the operation of vessels under the Norwegian flag more competitive.
- Conference paper
- Stoltenberg, K
- Which Register? Which Flag?
- Location: London, England
- Date: 1987-9-2 to 1987-9-3
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5p.
- TRT Terms: Registry
- Geographic Terms: Norway
- Old TRIS Terms: Registered vessels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00655882
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM