BUNKERS HEALTH HAZARD?
This brief article notes that on the heels of changes in refinery processes that have affected the composition of marine fuels, there has been both a rapid deterioration in ignition quality and a substantial increase in health hazards faced by engine room personnel. These effects were cited by the Norwegian Institute of Technology in a report on a program entitled "Possible Health Hazards by the Use of Fuel Oils."
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/17156061
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-7
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel oils; Health hazards; Marine engineers
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00655790
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM